Attorney-at-law DPO CERT, Labor Law
Petra Gummermann has a 20 years long professional experience as attorney at law and legal counsel for globally active companies in the IT industry with a focus on international contracts, IT Law and Employment Law.
Working as attorney at law and DPO is the basis for specialized consulting within the areas of contract law, employment law, technical and strategic expertise in the field of data protection and IT security. As part of a global team of lawyers and IT professionals, Petra Gummermann is responsible for the creation and verification of EU / EEA compliant data protection and IT security structures for international companies.
She holds a certification as specialist for Employment Law (written exam) as well as DPO certification.
Petra Gummermann works as a consultant and an external Data Protection Officer.
Ms. Gummermann regularly participates at IT events and conferences as speaker.
Projects / Track Record
- 20 years internal legal counsel at global IT company as Head of Legal Department, Senior Legal Counsel Labor Law and Data Protection Counsel, especially consulting contract law, IT Law, Labor Law, Data Protection Law
- Data protection consultant at a German energy company
- Data Protection consultant of IT companies, German pharma companies
- Attorney-at-Law; Key aspects: Contract Law, IT Law, Data Protection and Data Security, Cyberlaw, Labor Law
- DPO Cert TÜV-Süd
- Contract Law
- IT and multimedia Law
- Labor Law
- Data privacy, data and information security
- Information technology projects
- Cybercrime / computer criminal law
German, English, French
- 1993 Completion of law school at the University of Munich
- 1995 Bar Exam, Attorney-at-Law, Munich
- 1995 – 1996 Law Firm, Munich, Germany, Attorney-at-Law
- 1996 – August 2015 Tech Data GmbH & Co. OHG, Munich, Germany, Head of Legal Department, Senior Counsel Labor Law,
- since September 2015 Attorney at Law Niedermeier & Faulhaber Law Firm CYBERLEGAL
- Publication: EU-US Privacy Shield (Safe Harbor 2.0) (EUROFORUM ebook IT 2016)
- Presentation Expert round “Risk Cybercrime” (DDOS – A10)
- Presentation of Labor Law and Employee Data Protection: Amendments to the European Data Protection Code (DLR)
- Presentation of EU-DSGVO – Countdown (Firm CYBERLEGAL Niedermeier & Faulhaber)
- Presentation Impact of the EU-DSGVO on IT in companies (Institute for Legal Information Leibniz Universität Hannover, Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Forgó)
- EU Model Clauses – negotiation and implementation – ensuring regulatory steps
- Consultation implementation GDPR
- Structuring and rollout of data protection in companies